Mobile Credit Card Processing For Your Business Needs
Update: Cell phone credit card processing is now provided by:
Are you considering mobile credit card processing for your business? Are you unsure of how mobile processing works? Are you confused about what mobile credit card options may be available to you? Mobile card processing is the up and coming trend for businesses, especially if you have a business that is mobile and needs to accept payments in a variety of locations. The credit card processing of the future would be similar to what has already been taking place in Southeast Asia, Scandinavian countries and even several Third World countries can make payments from phone to phone. The ability to pay for purchases using a cellular phone is not exactly new; but as it has not become commonplace in the United States beyond a few trial runs in select areas, it’s a future technology that may make it’s way to the country soon.
What Types Of Businesses Can Benefit From Mobile Credit Card Processing
Mobile credit card processing is almost a necessity for some businesses today. If you are a business that is always on the road and needing to accept payments then you should highly considering mobile credit card processing.
On The Go Service Businesses
Just about any type of service provider that does business in multiple locations can benefit from mobile credit card processing. These include such professionals as:
- Photographers that use multiple sites and locations for sittings.
- Interior designers.
- Tutors that are on the go and tutor in homes, libraries, etc.
- Caterers who work in multiple locations.
- Professional speakers who travel and sell their own products while on the road.
- Authors who sell their own books when on the road.
- Plumbers, roofers, and all other handyman type businesses that do service calls to homes and businesses.
- Party planning businesses that are on the road doing birthday parties and other events in multiple locations.
- Personal trainers, dieticians and others in the health industry that might travel for personal consultations.
Businesses That Offer Delivery Options
Delivery service businesses also greatly benefit from mobile credit card processing including:
- Restaurants, pizza shops and any other food location that provides a delivery or even a curbside pickup option at their location.
- Flower shops or any other gardening type business that does local deliveries and needs to take payments upon delivery.
Business Owners That Sell At Flea Markets And Craft Shows
A final category of professionals that can benefit from mobile credit card processing are those who own businesses that sell items at craft shows, flea markets and other similar venues. These might include:
- Jewelry makers
- Antique dealers
- Painters or other artists
- Photographers that sell their work
- Individuals who make and sell arts and craft products
- Bakers who sell their baked goods
- Individuals who make and sell specialty clothing items
Benefits Of Mobile Credit Card Processing
There are numerous benefits for business owners who use mobile credit card processing including:
- Quick and easy options to get set up and started with accepting payments. Even a person with mechanophobia can work with mobile credit card processing.
- Cost effective. Mobile credit card processing can actually be cheaper than traditional credit card processing.
- Increase in customers and sales. Most people today do not carry cash and when you cannot accept credit cards while on the go you could be losing out big time in sales and profit. When you accept credit cards you will more than likely increase your customer base and increase your sales.
- Decrease in fraudulent actions. When you use mobile credit card processing you get real time validation reducing the risk of fraudulent payments.
Cell Phone Credit Card Processing
A number of mobile wireless payment processing units exist which turn your cellular phone into a credit card machine, complete with a card swiper. This is important because a card swiper requires that it is a “credit card present” transaction, which gives you a better processing rate as it is less risky than card-not-present transactions. This type of mobile processing will work with a variety of merchant account providers and processing companies.
For business owners processing cards less frequently, it may not be necessary that you have a physical card swiper. Some cell phone processors allow you to manually enter card details into your smartphone application or via a web browser into a web-based processing system. This type of processing generally charges higher than standard rates because the card does not necessarily need to be physically present, which is a slightly increased risk. If you only need to process the occasional credit card while you’re out of your office or storefront, however, this may be a sufficient solution.
Laptop Credit Card Processing
Many card swipers exist with USB connections to work with your laptop. You can process credit cards anywhere that you have access to an internet connection. This is convenient if you need a laptop anyway, to access documents or give presentations, for example. If it comes time to make a sale – you’ll just plug in your USB credit card swiper, and open the processing program to accept payment.
Again, if you don’t have the need to process cards frequently, you may be just as happy with a web-based form that allows you to enter the customer’s credit card details manually rather than swiping the card through a reader.
Touch Tone Phone Credit Card Processing
Another type of mobile credit card processing option involves a touch tone phone. It can be a home phone or a cell phone. Some people keep this feature available as a back up processing system, while others – like home party consultants – may use it as their primary form of credit card processing. They simply dial an access number, enter the customer card details and wait for confirmation that the card has been processed.