For more than 22,000 merchants, Commerce Payment Systems has come to represent the exception to the rule by giving helpful and responsive service to so many processors today. Commerce Payment Systems seeks to educate merchants, creating the Smart Guide to Accepting Credit Cards to help merchants navigate today’s world of credit card processing.
Free means free! Few processors offer truly free equipment. However, Commerce Payment Systems makes credit card acceptance as simple as possible for merchants. Brick and mortar retailers who use a storefront to operate and accept credit card payments face-to-face will save $300 in free equipment. Commerce Payment Systems will provide those merchants with a traditional dial/IP terminal, mobile swiper or virtual terminal software for zero cost to the customer. Commerce Payment Systems adheres to a preset fee structure, such as an annual $79 fee and/or monthly fees of $10 (for virtual terminals) and $3.95 (for retail terminal connecting via Dial or I.P.), which includes insurance fees to cover replacement costs and repairs.
- Monthly statement fee: $4.95 (Retail) or $9.95 (Online)
- Batch fee: 35¢ avg.
- Chargeback fee: $30
- Retrieval fee: $15
- Voice Authorization fee: 75¢
- Minimum Monthly fee: $25 avg.
- Visa/MasterCard/Discover Authorization fees: 15¢ avg. per swipe
- PIN-Based Debit fee: 25¢ (plus network fees) outside the USA only.
- Non-Bankcard Card Authorization Fees (Amex, EBT, JCB, Diner): 10¢ added to the base transaction/authorization fee.
- PCI Compliance Fee: Free (this fee is incurred by CPS for the next 6-8 months, after which there may be a new amendment to pass through charges to the merchant).
- ACH Reject Fee: $15 assessed when CPS’s ACH debit is rejected by the merchant’s business bank.
- Cross Boarder Fee: .55% added to the base rate for International Merchants processing outside of the United States.
- International Credit Cards issued from countries outside USA: 1% added to the base rate.
Two-Tiers Based on Volume
The following portion of this pricing section highlights charges associated with the volume of customer credit card processing generated by any one business. Each transaction is billed according to the amount charged on the customer’s credit card. Commerce Payment Systems offers two rate programs commonly known as Tiered and Interchange-Plus, (the latter refers to CPS’s “Wholesale” program), depending on your customer credit card volume, will offer you (on average) the following rates.
- Mail Order/Telephone Order (MOTO): Card not present more than 20% of the time, or Internet-based business models are offered an average .39% plus the cost of interchange rates and network fees charged by Visa/MasterCard/Discover. Interchange rates can be found for public review online at www.visa.com or www.mastercard.com and are subject-to-change.
- Brick-and-Mortar Retail establishment: Card present 80%-100% of the time, retail/restaurant business models are typically offered less than MOTO accounts at .25% plus the Interchange rates. Lodging and Rental type businesses where authorizations are held overnight and settled later average .75% plus Interchange/Cost.
- Commerce Payment Systems’ PIN-based debit fees are reportedly only assessed on internationally operating merchants (outside USA), for an average of 25¢ per transaction. There are additional association and network fees that are “pass-through” to the merchant by Commerce Payment Systems.
- MOTO, Card not Present and/or Internet based businesses are offered an average of 1.69% for qualified credit card transactions. Mid-Qualified Rewards cards and transactions that do not meet certain requirements are set at an average percentage of 2.28%. Those other Non-Qualified transactions of Business, Corporation, International, Purchase & Commercial Card average 3.18%.
- Traditional Retailers (includes Petroleum and Grocery) are offered a Check Card/Debit Card rate of .35% and 1.59% for Qualified credit card transactions, which means they are swiped at the point of sale on a PCI-compliant terminal. PIN-based debit transactions are charged the same rates as those stated above plus “pass-through” network fees to the merchant. As is the case for the MOTO-tiered program, surcharges associated with the additional tiers are negotiable but fall into the average of 2.19% for Mid-Qualified and 2.95% for Non-Qualified transactions.
Commerce Payment Systems offers merchants the best in price and service. Other processors compete for contracts and long-term commitments, by offering expensive equipment sales or worse—leases! Commerce Payment Systems stands out from the crowd by showing its hand and providing merchants with the truth about saving money and valuable time.
Call for FREE Quote: 866-999-4622